1. Our clients’ interests always come first. Our experience shows that if we serve our clients well, our own success will follow.
2. Our assets are our people, capital and reputation. If any of these ever diminishes, the last is the most difficult to restore. We are dedicated to complying fully with the letter and spirit of the laws, rules and ethical principles that govern us.
3. Our goal is to provide superior returns to our shareholders. Profitability is critical to achieving superior returns, building our capital, and attracting and keeping our best people.
4. We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence in everything we undertake. Though we may be involved in a wide variety and heavy volume of activity, we would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
5. We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems. We pride ourselves on having pioneered many of the practices and techniques that have become standard in the industry.
6. We make an unusual effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. Although our activities are measured in millions, we select our people one by one. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
7. We stress teamwork in everything we do. While individual creativity is always encouraged, we have found that team effort often produces the best results. We have no room for those who put their personal interests ahead of the interests of the company and its clients.
8. The dedication of our people to the company and the intense effort they give their jobs are greater than one find in most organisations. We think that this is an important part of our success.
9. We constantly strive to anticipate the rapidly changing needs of our clients and to develop new services to meet those needs. We know that the world of telecommunication will not stand still and that complacency can lead to extinction.
10. We regularly receive confidential information as part of our normal client relationships. To breach a confidence or to use confidential information improperly or carelessly would be unthinkable.
11. Our business is highly competitive and we aggressively seek to expand our client relationships. However, we must always be fair competitors and must never denigrate other firms.
12. Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We expect our people to maintain high ethical standards in everything they do, both in their work for the company and in their personal lives.